[Cbc] Cbc build fails whwn cross-compiled for 64 bit Windows

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Tue Feb 22 20:13:41 EST 2011

Hi,

This is probably strictly not an issue with CBC, but it happened when I
was compile CBC, so I am reporting it here.

I have actually noticed this before, but I am not sure I have reported
it, probably because I didn't know which mailing list to post to.

I am cross-compiling for 64 bit Windows, using MinGW-w64, running on
Linux. This fails unless the source is modified. The failure happens
when trying to compile CoinModelUseful2.cpp (in CoinUtils):

../../../CoinUtils/src/CoinModelUseful2.cpp: In function 'double
yyparse(symrec*&, const char*, char*&, int&, const double*, const
CoinModelHash&, int&, double, int&, YYSTYPE&, int&)':
../../../CoinUtils/src/CoinModelUseful2.cpp:950:3: error: ISO C++ 1998
does not support 'long long'

This fails because g++ is called with the -pedantic-errors flag, and
long long is not part of the C++ standard. I assume long long is used
here to represent a word-sized integer, because only long long (of the
standard C integer types) is word-sized (64 bit) in Microsoft C/C++.

Kish Shen

Cardiff, South Glamorgan CF10 5BT.