[Cbc] [Clp] GNUMath Prog

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Mon Feb 7 13:06:32 EST 2011

This is not really the right mailing list for question about CBC, so
I'm cc'ing the Cbc list. All of the COIN-OR projects can read GMPL in
principle if the code is built with GLPK present. The ability to read
GMPL files is provided in the CoinUtils project through a link to
GLPK. With Cbc, if you specify the model and data files with a "%" in
between as your input file name, it will read them as GMPL, i.e.,

cbc sample.mod%sample.dat

To build cbc with GMPL support using the autotools, you would go into
the ThirdParty/Glpk directory and run the command

./get.Glpk

This will download the source for the proper version of Glpk. Then
just configure and build as usual. The Glpk source will be
auto-detected, built, and linked. We cannot distribute binaries that
include this capability because of restrictions imposed by the GPL.
Feel free to post further questions to either the Cbc list or the
CoinUtils list, as appropriate.

Cheers,

Ted