[Cbc] Solving quadratic MIP problems with CbcSolver

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Fri Apr 22 22:36:42 EDT 2011

Hi,

Does CbcSolver support the solving of quadratic MIP problems (that is, a
MIP with a quadratic objective)? I am using CbcSolver (with Clp as the
linear solver), and calling from C++ code using the Main0/Main1 interface.

I know that Clp supports the solving of linear problems with a quadratic
objective, and looking at the code for CbcSolver.cpp, there is code
dealing with quadratic objectives. In the example code for Cbc, there is
an example for quadratic MIP. I decided to try out CbcSolver with a
quadratic MIP problem, but I got a segmentation fault when Main1 was
called.

Is the crash because CbcSolver does not support quadratic MIP, or
because I am doing something wrong? I am loading the objective using
ClpModel's loadQuadraticObjective(), and using the normal code for MIP
to solve the problem -- do I need to do something extra for quadratic
MIP problems?

Thanks in advance for any information!

Cheers,

Kish