[Cbc] Cut Generator Question

Gabrielle A. Grun grun at cs.sfu.ca
Sat Oct 16 20:18:31 EDT 2010

Hi Kipp,

Please note that I was making reference to the stable version that I am using (1.2), not trunk.

I know that the idea is to get a "better" integer solution from adding cuts to an existing integer solution.
Infeasibility is quite possible.

--------------------------------
// continuous is integer
double objectiveValue = newNode->objectiveValue();
setBestSolution(CBC_SOLUTION, objectiveValue,
solver_->getColSolution()) ;

user_function(.......);     /////////add cuts, resolve
if (feasible and all integer variables still have integer values)          //////////some integer variables maynot be "fixed" in the solution or by the added cuts
     setBestSolution(............);

delete newNode ;
newNode = NULL ;
----------------------------

  setBestSolution(CBC_SOLUTION,objectiveValue,
      solver_->getColSolution()) ;
     lastHeuristic_ = NULL;
     incrementUsed(solver_->getColSolution());
     //assert(nodeInfo->numberPointingToThis() <= 2) ;
     // avoid accidental pruning, if newNode was final branch arm
     nodeInfo->increment();

user_function(.......);     /////////add cuts, resolve
if (feasible and all integer variables still have integer values)          //////////some integer variables maynot be "fixed" in the solution or by the added cuts
     setBestSolution(............);

     delete newNode ;
     nodeInfo->decrement() ; } }
   /*
   This node has been completely expanded and can be removed from the live
   set.
   */