[Cbc] Timer stuck in BB

Giacomo Nannicini giacomo.n at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 18:00:29 EDT 2010

Hi,
I found out that, at least on the machines I'm using, quite often the
timer in Branch-and-Bound gets stuck. It simply stops advancing and
always reports the same CPU time; as a consequence, time-based
termination conditions are ignored.
This happens especially when I use Couenne, but as far as I know (and
it was confirmed on the Couenne mailing list), the timer is handled by
Cbc alone - Couenne doesn't touch it.
Is this a common issue or does it just depend on my configuration (I
use default compiler flags)? Somebody knows what could cause this
problem?

Any ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Giacomo