[Cbc] Feature Request: calling Heuristics after every cut iteration

John Forrest john.forrest at fastercoin.com
Fri May 21 03:29:34 EDT 2010

Haroldo,

setWhereFrom(63) would call every node and more so for example running
misc07 taking 8054 nodes shouldHeurRun for the rounding heuristic was
called
Flag     times
   0         1
   1        99
   2         1
   3      4029
   4      8256
so if setWhereFrom(16) it would have been called 8256 times

The main exception is if mini branch and bound is being used when
heuristics are not done inside that (you can see if message Cbc0041
issued mentioning complete fathoming).

The testing is done in shouldHeurRun which is virtual and so you can
override in your heuristic and find out more about the CbcModel.

John Forrest