[Cbc] Slow CBC sample example

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Fri Jun 4 16:14:40 EDT 2010

I completely agree with Lou.

CBC is an amazing piece of software, but it needs a lot of
improvements in the documentation area. The huge doxygen generated
documentation is certainly intimidating for newcomers. Tons of
classes, etc...

The better way, IMHO, would be to extend the CBC user guide.

The GLPK manual is a great example of a good documentation, I think.
It starts by quickly saying what is a linear program and goes to
showing small examples for creation, modification, solving, etc.
Besides that there is an indexed, searchable PDF with quick access to
most used functions. Before going into the software documentation
itself it gives some little details about the techniques (e.g.
Branch-and-Cut).

For this reason, I recommend GLPK as an introduction to Linear
Programming for my students and CBC for those with, well, ... more
time to do research and use this great software :)

[]'s

Haroldo