[Cbc] solution in CbcEventHandler

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Sun Dec 5 17:53:57 EST 2010

Dear All,

I'm using cbc to build a pool of solutions for a MIP problem.

My objective is not only to find the optimal solution, but to find many
different, close to optimal solutions.

Since I want to process every solution found I wrote a specialization of

CbcEventHandler

Looking in cbc examples (driver4.cpp) I noted that after checking for events
    solution   or    heuristicSolution

The event handler calls
        model->bestSolution

to get the solution found.

My question is:  what if the last solution found by a heuristic is not the
best found so far ???
Would it be better to access the solution pool
 (savedSolution[numberSolutions-1]) ?

Thanks in advance,

Haroldo Gambini Santos
Computing Department - Universidade Federal de Ouro Preto - UFOP
email: haroldo [at ] iceb.ufop.br
home/research page: http://www.iceb.ufop.br/decom/prof/haroldo/

"Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy
is about telescopes." Edsger Dijkstra