[Cbc] Bug in integer infeasible solution reporting

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Sep 25 10:29:22 EDT 2009

Cbc does report the problem as infeasible but I agree that the solution
file does not.  The problem had been fixed in trunk.  I have copied over
the modifications to stable/2.3

John Forrest

[Cbc] Bug in integer infeasible solution reporting

Stuart Mitchell
to:
cbc
09/25/2009 12:12 AM

Sent by:
cbc-bounces at list.coin-or.org

This may have something to do with the infeasibility being found in
presolve

but debug.lp
generates
debug.sol
which states it is an optimal solution even though the variables are non
integer

Stu

--
___________________________________
Dr Stuart Mitchell

Ph (wk)  +64 9 3737599 ext 84867
    (ddi) +64 9 9234967
    (fax) +64 9 3737925
    (mb)  +64 21 441331
___________________________________

\* test6 *\
Minimize
OBJ: __dummy
Subject To
c1: x + y <= 5.2
c2: x + z >= 10.3
c3: - y + z = 7.4
Bounds
__dummy = 0
0 <= x <= 4
0 <= z <= 10
-1 <= y <= 1
Generals
End
Optimal - objective value               0
      0 __dummy               0                      1
      1 x                   1.9                      0
      2 y                     1                      0
      3 z                   8.4                      0
[attachment "s_mitchell.vcf" deleted by John J Forrest/Watson/IBM]