[Cbc] Cbc hanging

Defeyter, Michael Michael.Defeyter at bluescopesteel.com
Sun Nov 1 22:07:42 EST 2009

Hi again John,

As I mentioned before this solution works well, thanks again. Total runtime is around 300 seconds.
However, when I went to implement this solution in my TP application I found that the runtime drastically increased to over 2 hours.

After some investigation I found that the solution found by RENS in the TP application was not within the 0.01% gap, but it is when I use driver4 with the settings below.
The only difference I could find was that in my TP application the problem is modelled as a maximization but because the driver1 program reads an mps file containing the problem, this is already a minimization.
When I negated the all the objective function coefficients and made the original problem a minimization in the TP application itself, the runtime was back down to about 300 seconds.

Regards,
Michael De Feyter