[Cbc] Variables Names and Preprocess

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Wed Mar 25 03:38:31 EDT 2009

1) Setting CbcModel::setSpecialOptions(32|specialOptions()) should make
CbcModel keep names.  Not sure if it still works.

2)  If you do preprocessing outside CbcModel::branchAndBound and pass in
CglPreProcess xxxxxx into MyHeuristic before adding MyHeuristic to CbcModel
then you can use xxxxxx.originalColumns() to see which ones were kept.  You
could also access xxxxxx.originalModel() to get at names, which may be a
cleaner method than 1).

John Forrest