[Cbc] About the timelimit set in cbc

huan he minbenh at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 01:10:38 EDT 2009

In my problem I need to set the timelimit in the cbc because it may take too
much time to get the optimal solution. But I found that if I set the
timelimit use the command  "-sec" ,sometimes the real running time of the
cbc solver will much exceed the value I set. I heard that cbc checks the
time only after a single step. Since it may take a long time to finish a
single step, it is possible to have a long running time. I want to limit the
total running time to the value I set, is it available in cbc ?