[Cbc] Antw: Re: Cut efficiency in cbcSolve for versions 2.0.0, 2.1.0, 2.2.2 and 2.3.0

Torsten Fahle Torsten.Fahle at inform-ac.com
Thu Aug 27 05:25:25 EDT 2009

John,

Thanks for the fast reply. I've tried -probing forceOnStrong with all versions.
Basically, the newer versions CBC 2.2.2 and 2.3.0 show no effect, whereas
the older versions CBC 2.0.0 and 2.1.0 find even better bounds than before
(see details below)

Maybe there is an issue in the newer version?
I'll send you the MPS file in a separate mail directly to you.
You'll find all details in the trac system at
<https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/ticket/78>
Thanks for looking at this! Let me know if I can be

Best regards

  Torsten

Testresults in details
call: cbcSolve testfile.mps -cuts off -probing on|forceOnStrong -branch

results in
Initial Lower Bound 160.236, optimal solution 246.296 (all versions)
Bound improvement in Root node:
CBC 2.0.0  probing on                       LB: 195.305  (14 row cuts, 6 active, 28 col cuts)
                  probing forceOnStrong    LB: 245.235  (720 row cuts, 33 active, 44 col cuts)

CBC 2.1.0  probing on                       LB: 215.421  (104 row cuts, 12 active, 41 col cuts)
                  probing forceOnStrong    LB: 245.235  (823row cuts, 43 active, 45 col cuts)

CBC 2.2.2  probing on                       LB: 160.236  (0 row cuts, 0 active, 0 col cuts)
                  probing forceOnStrong   LB: 160.236  (0 row cuts, 0 active, 0 col cuts)

CBC 2.3.0  probing on                       LB: 160.236  (0 row cuts, 0 active, 0 col cuts)
                  probing forceOnStrong   LB: 160.236  (0 row cuts, 0 active, 0 col cuts)

all tests under WinXP using Visual Studio 2005 in debug mode

--

Dr. Torsten Fahle
Airport Systems Division

>>> John J Forrest <jjforre at us.ibm.com> schrieb am Donnerstag, 27. August 2009 um