[Cbc] Presolve

John Madison john.c.madison at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 11:24:09 EDT 2009

Hi,
 I sometimes have the case where a subset of my variables fall under one
constraint and the rest are constrained by another, but no variables are
constrained by both. I can separate these groups out, and send them
sequentially to cbc, then put the results together. This makes things run
quite a bit faster than leaving them in one big file. It seems like this
should be some kind of standard presolve algorithm, but I don't know what it
would be called. Does something like exist?

Thanks in advance,
John