[Cbc] Assertion failure, stable 2.2 branch

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Fri Apr 10 10:09:01 EDT 2009

Christoph,

Ouch!

The optimal solution to the problem has integer variables with values
ranging from one up to 1.0e10!  Cbc allows integer variables to have larger
values but I suspect large areas of the code have not been tested with such
values.

At first I got a different error, but I managed to get exactly the one you
mentioned.  That I have fixed but the other error remained if I turned on
preprocessing.

I suppose I could ask if you need such large values - but 1.0e10 would only
rescue a very small bank.

I will look at it slowly.

John