[Cbc] More problem with re-solving a model

Goossens Jan-Willem Jan-Willem.Goossens at nc3a.nato.int
Mon Apr 6 09:07:39 EDT 2009

Hi,

I'm trying to solve a problem with CBC, add a constraint that cuts off the last integer solution, and solve again (it's a covering problem, and I'm trying to find all covers).

I kept hitting the problem that after the first solve, the model was littered with extra bounds, I guess from the B&B process (right?)
Fortunately, I read http://list.coin-or.org/pipermail/cbc/2008-February/000098.html
"use saveReferenceSolver() initially and  then use resetToReferenceSolver() to reset bounds and everything"

So is this Reference Solver instance a full copy of the problem? I'm having problems fitting the problem into memory as it is, let alone keeping two around..

Thanks,

Jan-Willem