[Cbc] Giving a basis to the command line tool cbc via BasisI(n)

Berit Løfstedt berit at ange.dk
Tue Sep 2 03:11:38 EDT 2008

Hi,

I have a problem when using Cbc in an ABACUS branch and cut framework. When
preprocessing is engaged in Clp (which is the solver used) my subproblem
goes into an endless loop where it keeps refactorizing.

I would like to reproduce the problem and have written the subproblem in
question to a .mps file, but the .mps file is processed with no errors by
Cbc. Hence I need to write out basis and current solution to be able to
start cbc from this basis in order to reproduce the problem.

My question is:
which file format (.bas??) does the string parameter BasisI(n) take in the
commandline tool cbc?
And does anyone know how I can produce it from within my
branch-cut-and-price fromework? (as the getBasis() method returns a
CoinWarmStartBasis object which does not seem to have a method to print to a
.bas file?)

Any help is much appreciated - Best regards

--
Berit Løfstedt
Ange Optimization ApS

Phone: +45 32 11 10 33