[Cbc] Parallel version of Cbc

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Mon Oct 6 11:23:28 EDT 2008

Hi,

> I have compiled Cbc (SVN revision 1087) with MinGW, using the the "standard" procedure: configure, make, make
install.
> I am able to use Cbc as a static library and it works fine.
>
> I wanted to try the parallel version of Cbc, using: ".\configure --enable-cbc-parallel".
>
> 1°) During the configuration script, I have the following warning message:
>     "-lrt unavailable; using gettimeofday instead of clock_gettime"
>
> 2°) During Cbc compilation, I have an error message:
> [...]
> CbcModel.cpp:7869: error: expected unqualified-id before '=' token

bool small = size<=550;

This more looks like a problem with including windows.h (which, as Laci
found out, defines "small"). Maybe it get included by pthread.h ?

Therefore, try a
#undef small
somewhere before.

> Could anyone give me some help?
> - Is the librt library mandatory?  If yes, where can I download it?

It is used for time measuring.
For Cbc/stable/2.2, librt is optional, but I don't know if the
corresponding changes have made it into Cbc/trunk.

> - Is it currently possible to compile a parallel version of Cbc or is it too early? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Works fine for me.

Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics