[Cbc] Cuts and Integer Solutions in CBC

Haroldo Santos haroldo.santos at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:12:48 EDT 2008

Hi All,

I'm working with a MIP with an exponential number of constraints. To define
the problem we need this huge amount of rows.
So, I defined a cbcmodel with a small subset of these constraints and added
an specialization of CglCutGenerator to dynamically insert the other rows,
as needed.
However, in the first iterations cbcmodel finds an Integer solution and
stops the search, even if new cuts were added.
Note that these "cuts" are not cuts in the traditional way: they do not cut
fractional solutions. Instead, they define the problem.
Is there any way to tell cbc that if new cuts were added, it must continue
the search ?
I think that in CPLEX this can be done by the so called "lazy constraints".

Best regards,

Haroldo

Haroldo Gambini Santos
http://www.ic.uff.br/~hsantos
hsantos at ic.uff.br
Instituto de Computacao - Universidade Federal Fluminense