[Cbc] Incumbent solution

Mikhail Nediak MNediak at business.queensu.ca
Mon Jul 14 09:30:01 EDT 2008

Hi Stefan,

Thanks much for the reply.

There are two functions by that name. One of them requires "CBC_Message
how" as a first parameter. Do you know which one should be used?
I actually tried to use them in the following manner:

OsiCbcSolverInterface test;
//....
test.getModelPtr()->setBestSolution(...);

with very strange outcomes.

Would setBestObjectiveValue() achieve similar effects in terms of B&B node
pruning behavior?

Thanks in advance.
Best,
Mikhail

Stefan Vigerske <stefan at math.hu-berlin.de>
14/07/2008 05:17 AM

cbc at list.coin-or.org
cc
Mikhail Nediak <MNediak at business.queensu.ca>
Subject
Re: [Cbc] Incumbent solution

Hi,

> Right now I use CBC via OSI and would like to pass an incumbent solution
to the
> B&B (a single solution vector at the start of the run).
> Does anyone know of an easy and tested way to do it?  Do I need to go
through
> CbcModel & setBestSolution() or definition of a new heuristic, etc?

I think going through CbcModel is the easiest solution.
John recently added another function CbcModel::setBestSolution(...)
which you can give a primal solution and then it checks whether it is
feasible and keeps it if so.

Stefan

--
Stefan Vigerske
Humboldt University Berlin, Numerical Mathematics