[Cbc] cbc executable behaving very differently on different platforms (Linux and Moac OS X)

Kish Shen kisshen at cisco.com
Wed Jan 30 13:40:54 EST 2008

Stefan Vigerske wrote:
> In gcc 3.3.5 there is bug in the optimization where leaf frame pointer
> (whatever this is...) are omitted. I normally set the OPT_CXXFLAGS to
> "-O3 -fno-omit-frame-pointer -momit-leaf-frame-pointer -DNDEBUG" to get
> around it.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your suggestion -- I recompile my Cbc on Linux as you
suggested (with configure OPT_CXXFLAGS="..." where "..." is what you
suggested, but the results for the problem I showed was unchanged, i.e.
cbc still failed to find a solution, and Ihe log looks more or less the
same as previously (I didn't do a line by line check).

Cheers,

Kish