[Cbc] Using CBC and CPLEX to solve an IP with an exponential number constraints

Mathieu LACROIX lacroix at lamsade.dauphine.fr
Thu Dec 11 04:01:41 EST 2008

Hi,

I'm using CBC to solve an integer linear problem which is defined with
an exponential number of constraints. If CLP is used as the linear
solver, everything works fine. However, when I replace CLP by CPLEX,
during the cutting plane stage, the program always aborts because of the
following assert :
usppdp: CbcModel.cpp:10192: void CbcModel::setBestSolution(CBC_Message,
double&, const double*, int): Assertion `basis != __null' failed.
Aborted

As the variable basis is obtained by the instruction
CoinWarmStartBasis * basis =
dynamic_cast<CoinWarmStartBasis*>(saveSolver->getWarmStart()) ; ,

the problem seems to come from the warmStart of CPLEX. Is there any way
to solve this problem?  Do  I need to disable the warm start stage in
OsiCpxSolverInterface (How can I do that in this case)?

Thanks in advance,
Cheers,

Mathieu LACROIX

--