[Cbc] optimal solution cut off?

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Aug 28 09:27:55 EDT 2008

It seems that changes in 2.2 gave a different (but equally correct)
optimal basis at continuous solution.  A CglTwomir cut was then generated
which cut off optimal solution by 1.0e-6.

I have modified CglTwomir to make greater allowance for very small element
values.  That seems to fix problem on my machine anyway.

John Forrest

[Cbc] optimal solution cut off?

Ashutosh Mahajan
to:
cbc
08/28/2008 02:34 AM

Sent by:
cbc-bounces at list.coin-or.org

hi all,
it seems the latest stable version 2.2 is giving a wrong optimal solution
value for the instance neos4. other solvers and version 2.1 show
-4.8603e10 as
the optimal but cbc-2.2 shows -4.8331e10. it returns correct solution
value if
i turn off twomir cuts.

the logs at mittleman's benchmarking page also seem show the wrong
solution
value obtained by cbc:
http://plato.asu.edu/ftp/milpf_logs/CBC/neos4.cbc

--