[Cbc] Performance

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Sun Dec 9 05:58:55 EST 2007

Anthony,

Unlike for LP's,  tiny changes to the code can make a large difference in
the running time for MIP's.  I have had cases where what seemed to be a
trivial change has increased the runtime for one problem by a factor of a
100 - without any logical reason that I could see.

However that is not very helpful to you.  Compiling without threads should
make no difference.  Without more information it is difficult to help.  I
would try allowing strong branching and maybe playing with
"trustPseudoCost"

John Forrest