[Cbc] multithreading

John J Forrest jjforre at us.ibm.com
Thu Dec 6 07:28:45 EST 2007

If Cbc is configured using --enable-cbc-parallel you get a version which
can use multicore architectures.

To use then in standalone version set -threads N

I use N 1 or 2 more than number of Cpus.

A major problem with parallelism is that runs are not repeatable.  We are
considering doing a slightly less efficient deterministic version.

John Forrest