[Cbc] CBC feasibility pump

J P Fasano jpfasano at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 17:18:18 EDT 2007

>I downloaded all the (zip) trunk versions of CBC, CLP, CGL, OSI, COINUTILS
and compiled it under Visual Studio 8.
>Unfortunately this generated many compiler errors.
>How do I get all the parts to make a correct trunk version of CBC?

You should be able to build Cbc with Visual Studio 8 by doing the
following:

  1. svn checkout https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cbc/trunk coin-Cbc-trunk

  2. open the file coin-Cbc-trunk/Cbc/MSVisualStudio/v8/Cbc.sln with
     visual studio C++ express edition. You can probably do this
     by navigating to the file in Windows Explorer and double clicking
     on the file.

  3. From the menu bar select "Build" - "Batch Build", and then rebuild
     everything.

I tried these steps and unfortunately they did not work.
It seems that a code change made yesterday introduced a link time error.
I created a problem ticket for this.
See https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc/ticket/26

If step 1. is changed to be
      svn checkout --revision {2007-07-30}
https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/Cbc/trunk coin-Cbc-trunk
then the code checked out should be before the introduction of the link
error.

For help on using svn (subversion) see:
  https://www.coin-or.org/faqs.html#WindowsSvnCheckout
  https://projects.coin-or.org/BuildTools/wiki/user-download