[Bonmin] Fwd: bonmin installation

Ted Ralphs ted at lehigh.edu
Fri Apr 19 10:27:42 EDT 2019

The only way to use Bonmin as an executable is through AMPL or another
modeling system (like Pyomo) that can produce .nl files. If you don't build
with ASL (one of the mentioned ThirdParty projects), then you only get a
library, not an executable. Did you build with ASL?

What platform are you on? The easiest way to build Bonmin today is using
the new coinbrew script, which will automatically download ASL and build
with it. Some draft documentation on the use of coinbrew is at

https://coin-or.github.io/user_introduction#building-from-source

We haven't gotten around to updating the INSTALL file yet. We're currently
in the process of moving Bonmin and other projects to Github.

Ted

On Thu, Apr 18, 2019 at 1:31 PM Damir Devetak <ddevetak at gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]

Dr. Ted Ralphs
Professor, Industrial and Systems Engineering
Lehigh University
(610) 628-1280
ted 'at' lehigh 'dot' edu
coral.ie.lehigh.edu/~ted