[Bonmin] Issue installing Bonmin on OS X - executables not generated

gio.srt at gmail.com gio.srt at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 10:38:18 EDT 2016

Hi all,

I’m trying to install Bonmin on OS X 10.11. I downloaded Bonmin-1.8.4 and followed all the suggested steps but I encountered a problem during the installation of Ipopt and subsequently Bonmin.
The issue is that the executables are not generated even though I don’t get any error and everything seems to work. Libraries are generated correctly and the test scripts - which are calling these libraries from a cpp file - work.
Just to be a bit more clear: with both Ipopt and Bonmin the configuration is executed successfully; so are the make, make test and make install. However, I should see a “bin” folder inside the Ipopt directory but it does not exist. Similar story with Bonmin. In this case the “bin” folder exists but contains only the cbc and clp executables while the ipopt and bonmin executables are missing.
Since I don’t get any error, it is quite tricky to find out what it is actually going wrong.
Does anyone have any idea? Any help would be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Giorgio