[Bonmin] Python wrappers for BONMIN?

Herb Schilling hschilling at nasa.gov
Fri May 25 09:49:31 EDT 2012

On Mar 29, 2012, at 11:33 AM, Pierre Bonami wrote:

> Dear Herb,
> There is none that I know of. But if there is one I would be very happy to also know about it (and if you create one, I will be equally happy!).

Hi Pierre,

 Sorry for the long delay on this. We have the beginnings of a Python wrapper. It was primarily created by Calvin Robinson here at NASA Glenn Research Center.

 Right now we only tested it with the example that is the same as the C++ example that comes with BONMIN. We want to add some other tests in the form of Python unittests. We know of many simple continuous variable optimization problems to use as tests but are there some other good simple integer problems to use with the tests.

 We also need some feedback on other parts of BONMIN need to be exposed. Right now we tried to limit it to just enough to making that C++ example run.

 We plan on setting up a repository on GitHub so people can get it soon. Just need to do some clean up and add some more tests!

 We are also in the process of making a plugin wrapper for BONMIN for use with OpenMDAO ( http://openmdao.org ). ( Having problems with C++, smart pointers and stuff like that ! This is tough to debug. )

 Thanks