[Bonmin] help to compile bonmin with cplex 12.3

Wendel Alexandre Xavier de Melo wendelalexandre at gmail.com
Wed Jan 25 13:24:30 EST 2012

Thanks so much, Pierre Bonami! Now, bonmin compiles and works well!

Another question: I would like to run all the MINLP problems (at nl format)
from the site

http://egon.cheme.cmu.edu/ibm/page.htm

Is there a possibility of getting a output text file summarizing the
Bonmin's output (status of optimization, objective function value in
optimal solution, value of variables, etc) for a single problem in nl
format?

Best regards and thanks a lot again!

Wendel Melo
Master degree student
COPPE, Federal University of Rio de Janeiro

2012/1/25 Pierre Bonami <pierre.bonami at gmail.com>

> Hi,
> You might need to add -lm before -lpthread in the command line. If that
> does not work, you should look into Osi/config.log for the error message.
> Regards,
> Pierre
>
> On Wed, Jan 25, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Wendel Alexandre Xavier de Melo <
> wendelalexandre at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I am sorry for the early message...
>>
>> Hi experts
>>

>> I need a help. I would like to use Bonmin under cplex MILP solver.
>>
>> First, I have already installed cplex on my machine, (cplex academic
>> studio 12.3) in the path:
>>
>> opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio_
>> Academic123/
>>
>> It works well.
>>
>> Now, I am trying run the configure script like below:
>>
>> ./configure
>> --with-cplex-incdir=/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio_Academic123/cplex/include/ilcplex/
>> --with-cplex-lib="/opt/ibm/ILOG/CPLEX_Studio_Academic123/cplex/lib/x86-64_sles10_4.1/static_pic/libcplex.a
>> -lpthread"
>>
>> But I have got the following error:
>>
>> checking if user provides library for Cplex... yes
>> checking whether symbol CPXgetstat is available with CPX... no
>> configure: error: Cannot find symbol(s) CPXgetstat with CPX
>> configure: error: /bin/bash './configure' failed for Osi
>>

>> For some reason, it does not recognize the file libcplex.a in a right
>> way. I think the path is right and that file really is in this place.
>>

>> Someone could help me?
>>
>> Best regards
>>
>> --
>> Wendel Alexandre Melo