[Bonmin] reading bonmin output .sol, accessing optimal solution

Martin Mevissen1 MARTMEVI at ie.ibm.com
Thu Jan 5 04:33:53 EST 2012

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem, for which I could not find an answer in the
bonmin manual (and checking the available online support):

I am running bonmin from command line in cygwin with an *.nl file
(generated via ampl as outlined in the tutorial by David Gay) as input.
Bonmin does terminate successfully and prints the correct minimum. However,
the optimal solution for which this minimum is achieved is not reported.
How can I access the full optimal vector of continuous and binary
variables? I put the print level = 8 in bonmin.opt, but the stated primal
solution vector $x$ is too short to be the full optimal solution. In the
case it is contained in the *.sol file generated by bonmin, how can I
read/access this file?

It would be great, if someone could help me with this.

Best regards,

Martin