[Bonmin] Bonmin failing to deliver solution to GAMS (or failing to calculate solution?) in convex MINLP

Stefan Vigerske stefan at math.hu-berlin.de
Sun Feb 5 11:06:46 EST 2012

Hi,

I think I can reproduce your problem with Bonmin 1.4 (gams 23.7)
Bonmin claims to have found improving solutions
  OA0003I New best feasible of -8.9867 found after 10.3964 sec.
  OA0003I New best feasible of -9.40927 found after 15.4497 sec.
and then stops because the gap is closed sufficiently.

Unfortunately, when GAMS evaluates the objective function w.r.t. the
best solution reported by Bonmin, it has only a value of 18.60159.
(here and above I report the negated objective function values, since
Bonmin can handle only minimization problems)

However, with a current Bonmin 1.5, it seems to work correctly.
So I guess this bug has been fixed in Bonmin. (Pierre?)
It will also be available in the next GAMS release, which I hope will be
out soon.

Stefan