[Bonmin] Bonmin failing to deliver solution to GAMS (or failing to calculate solution?) in convex MINLP

Juan Jose Galvez jjgalvez at um.es
Thu Feb 2 13:06:21 EST 2012

This is an example output I'm getting from a model solved by bonmin:

Bonmin finished. Found feasible point. Objective function value = -8.477.
Resolve with fixed discrete variables to get dual values.
NLP0014I      4        OPT         -8.477          18       1.887
Warning: Optimal value of NLP subproblem differ from best MINLP value
reported by Bonmin.
  Will not replace solution, dual values will not be available.

Best solution:  -9.701475e+000   (36 nodes, 12.637 seconds)
Best possible:   8.477002e+000   (only reliable for convex models)

Absolute gap:    1.817848e+001   (absolute tolerance optca: 0)
Relative gap:      214.444651%   (relative tolerance optcr: 0.05%)

However, the primal solution given to GAMS corresponds to objective
value -9.701475, and not 8.477002.

Juan