[Bonmin] Using Bonmin to solve a large-scale MINLP problem

Kleopatra Konstanteli kkonst at telecom.ntua.gr
Tue Feb 2 06:58:33 EST 2010

Hello All,

I am a PhD student and I have been trying to solve the MINLP problem
described in
http://irmosproject.eu/Files/06_20091210_IRMOS-seminar_Advance%20Reservations.pdf
(erroneously assumed to be a GGP problem). I have modelled a simplified
version of it in Matlab and used the BnB solver of Yalmip to solve it.
The results were very disappointing in terms of performance and
scalability even for a small number of variables, and the problem has
proven to be even harder to solve than expected.

I recently came across Bonmin, and from what I have gathered it can
support large-scale MINLP. I have already installed it, and my plan is
to use it from a C++ program.
Before getting started, I would like to kindly ask if someone could have
a look at the specific problem and tell me whether I am on the right
track using Bonmin. Please let me know if you would like more
information about the problem.

Any help will be deeply appreciated.

Thank you in advance,
Kleopatra