[Bonmin] Bonmin option - NonLinear Solver - filterSQP

Pratim Vakish pratim_usc at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 22 20:15:38 EDT 2009

From: pratim_usc at hotmail.com
To: bonmin at list.coin-or.org
Subject: Bonmin option - NonLinear Solver - filterSQP
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2009 11:22:47 -0400

Hello,

The BONMIN manual, which lists the available options for bonmin, indicates (see below) that one can select filterSQP for solving the contnious NLP relaxations.

nlp_solver:
 Choice of the solver for local optima of continuous nlp's

The default value for this string option is "Ipopt".

Possible values:

Ipopt: Interior Point OPTimizer
filterSQP: Sequential quadratic programming trust region
algorithm
However, when I try to do that with the command line

options bonmin_options " bonmin.nlp_solver filterSQP ";

I systematically get an error message.
Could you indicate me how to proceed to use filterSQP?
Thanks,
Pratim

Ready for Fall shows? Use Bing to find helpful ratings and reviews on digital tv's. Click here.