[Bonmin] setting options in AMPL doesn't seem to work

Cy cselga2 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 18:45:40 EDT 2009

hi all,

i tried to install Bonmin on my computer (windows xp; intel core duo t2300)
using the instructions from
https://projects.coin-or.org/Bonmin/wiki/GettingStarted. i'm also using the
AMPL software and was successful in running the Bonmin executable and
setting options via the Bonmin.opt file. However, I could not get to work
setting the options inside AMPL, e.g. the AMPL command:

option bonmin_options "bonmin.time_limit 10.0";

has no effect (this very same option can be set using the Bonmin.opt file).
I also tried installing the CBC solver (installation instruction:
https://projects.coin-or.org/Cbc) separately to determine if this is
specific to bonmin. again, the executable can be run inside AMPL but setting
Cbc options doesn't seem to work.

i'm not sure what i'm missing out in the installation as setting options
using other commercial solvers (e.g. Cplex, Knitro) work on my computer. i
appreciate your help.

thanks,
cyrus