[Bonmin] size of integer variables

Pierre Bonami pierre.bonami at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 10:35:49 EDT 2008

Dear Francois,
I am not sure what the answer is. I think that the answer is really
problem dependent (in MILP it is very easy to construct small examples
where any solver not doing exact arithmetic will fail and Bonmin is not
doing exact arithmetic).
I would say you have to be careful (and I am trying to be very careful
in my answer). At the very least your variable value should be small
enough so that Bonmin can test if it is integer or not I would say with
an absolute precision of 10^-6.
Maybe somebody has a better answer.
Best,
Pierre