[Bonmin] starting point

Pierre Bonami pierre.bonami at gmail.com
Wed Oct 1 04:06:28 EDT 2008

Hi Gulay,
It depends what you mean by a starting point. The branch-and-cut in
Bonmin does not use a starting point (it is an implicit enumeration
algorithm) so there is no way to specify one. The only thing which can
be used by Bonmin is a good cutoff value to help prune nodes in the tree.

Now the nonlinear programming solver used by Bonmin to solve continuous
relaxations is an interior point method and can use a starting point to
improve convergence. You can specify such a starting point in the ampl
model when you declare your variables. This starting point will be used
to solve the root node relaxation.

I hope this helps. Best,
Pierre