[Bonmin] Question to options of bonmin

Sebastian Hirt sebastian_hirt at gmx.de
Sun Aug 10 09:04:14 EDT 2008

Hello,

I have some questions concerning the options of bonmin (I am using
bonmin-0.99.2):

1.) Does it make sense to use the options "num_resolve_at_root" and
"num_resolve_at_note" only for B-BB? Or can I use it for B-OA, B-Hyb and
B-QG, too? I have read in the user's manual of bonmin-0.1.4, you can use the
option for all algorithms. In the user's manual of bonmin-0.99.2 it should
only be reasonable for B-BB.

2. ) Can you explain me the sense of the option
"max_consecutive_infeasible"? If the problem of a node in the tree is
infeasible, why should I continue branching?

3.) " No specific heuristic method for treating nonconvex problems is
implemented yet within the OA framework. But for the pure branch-and-bound
B-BB, we implemented a few options having in mind that lower bounds provided
by Ipopt should not be trusted, and with the goal of trying to get good
solutions. Such options are at a very experimental stage." (Bonmin-0.99.2
User's Manual page 16 chapter 5.3) Which options are implemented in B-BB?

Best wishes

Sebastian