[Bonmin] boncouenne crash

Pietro Belotti belotti at andrew.cmu.edu
Mon Aug 11 15:59:15 EDT 2008

Dear Francois,

the problem seems to be with an integer feasible solution that
becomes infeasible after the variable's bounds are tightened by a
procedure in the LP solver interface. The latest revision has a
temporary fix that skips that tightening procedure, at least until
we find a workaround.

Let me remind you that Couenne is still an experimental project,
so it is preferable, at least for the time being, to use more
stable code such as the nonconvex heuristics in Bonmin.

Best regards,
Pietro Belotti

Pietro Belotti, Postdoctoral Fellow
Tepper School of Business