[Bonmin] how to build a completely static version version of bonmin

Kumar Abhishek kua3 at lehigh.edu
Sun Jul 30 17:32:39 EDT 2006

Hi,
I am trying to build a static version of bonmin..
The command that I use is

../configure -C enable_static=yes enable_shared=no build_old_libs=yes
build_libtool_libs=no

followed by make..

however, looking at the output of make, it looks like libgfortran.so is
being linked to the solver instead of libgfortran.a:

this is part of the last line of make:
-L/usr/lib/../lib /usr/lib/libgfortranbegin.a /usr/lib/libgfortran.so
-lm -lgcc_s

how can I build a completely static version that has no soft links to
any library build in.. I want to do this because I want to run bonmin on
a different machine where the library libgfortran is not available at
exactly the same place (/usr/lib)

any help regarding this will be highly appreciated...
thanks..
Cheers,
Abhishek.