[ADOL-C] Reverse mode with Eigen

Andrea Walther andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Dec 8 04:13:14 EST 2016

Dear Chris Dembia,

> Thank you for the fantastic ADOL-C library. I’ve greatly enjoyed using it.

Thank you very much!

> I’d like to use ADOL-C (in reverse mode) with Eigen. I know that it is
> possible to use ADOL-C in forward mode [1, 2]. Has anyone had success
> using ADOL-C in reverse mode with Eigen? Are there any pitfalls to be
> aware of?

I know that ADOL-C has been integrated winEigen but I am not aware of
the application of the reverse mode or problems related to that.

So with this respect the developers of ADOL-C are not of direct help.

Best

Andrea Walther

--
Prof. Dr. Andrea Walther
Lehrstuhl fuer Mathematik und ihre Anwendungen

Email: andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Phone: ++49 5251 602721
Fax:   ++49 5251 603728