[ADOL-C] memcpy

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Tue Sep 16 14:23:06 EDT 2014

Hello,

No, memcpy is not overloaded and is not even supported for adouble objects. Any C++ objects with overloaded functions, inheritance or polymorphism should never be copied using memcpy as it will clobber the virtual tables and thereby make inheritance and polymorphism impossible.

Best wishes
Kshitij.

On 16 September 2014 17:43:17 CEST, Alfonso Callejo <alcallejo at gmail.com> wrote:
>Hi all,
>
>I have a quick question. Is memcpy function overloaded for adouble
>arguments in ADOL-C? The compiler doesn't complain, but I want to make
>sure
>that the assignment of active variables is done correctly in the tape.
>Otherwise I'll have to manually convert those to for-loop assignments.
>
>Thanks a lot.
>
>Cheers,
>Alfonso

Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha