[ADOL-C] Problem adolc-2.4.1 with --enable-debug

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Wed Feb 26 16:18:33 EST 2014

Well the CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS exported by the shell take precedence over
everything. What you pass explicitely --with-cflags= --with-cxxflags=
gets added to that.

Passing --enable-debug or --enable-harddebug to configure changes the
implementation of some functions in ADOL-C and adds extra output on
stderr. So that is not the same as just having debugging symbols,
although they also add -g -O0 to the command line unless overridden by
shell exported CFLAGS CXXFLAGS.

So if you just need the debugging symbols in the library it is best to
simply unset CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS in shell and pass --with-cflags and
--with-cxxflags to configure. So this should work:

     unset CFLAGS CXXFLAGS
     ./configure --with-cflags='-g -O0' --with-cxxflags='-g -O0'

As on 2014-02-26 19:35, Brad Bell did write:

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,