[ADOL-C] Problem with adolc + colpack on Fedora 17

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Thu Oct 25 08:31:39 EDT 2012

As on 25.10.2012 14:10h, Brad Bell did write:
> The  ADOL-C-2.3.0 configure.ac file has the following text:
>     COLPACK_LIBDIR="$colpack/${_lib}"
> and ${_lib} is lib64 on my Fedora-17 system.
>
> But ColPack-1.0.9 (as distributed) installs the libraries to
>     $colpack/lib
> on my Fedora-17 system.

You can configure ColPack with the switch --libdir='${prefix}/lib64'.
Actually the autotools package should already define libdir in this
manner on 64-bit systems. (It does so on my openSUSE system, but I don't
know about Fedora).

> Furthermore, if I do an
>     autoreconf --force
> for ColPack-1.0.9 on my system and then
>     make install
> I get the error message below:
>
> libtool: Version mismatch error.  This is libtool 2.4
> Debian-2.4-2ubuntu1, but the
> libtool: definition of this LT_INIT comes from libtool 2.4.2.
> libtool: You should recreate aclocal.m4 with macros from libtool 2.4
> Debian-2.4-2ubuntu1
> libtool: and run autoconf again.
> make[1]: *** [install-libLTLIBRARIES] Error 63
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/bradbell/install/ColPack-1.0.9'
> make: *** [install-am] Error 2

If you are using Fedora, how did you get libtool 2.4
Debian-2.4-2ubuntu1? Is this the official Fedora RPM, or a locally
installed version of libtool/autotools? In any case it looks like your
autotools are misconfigured. You should also try deleting aclocal.m4 and
ltmain.sh and then calling
   autoreconf --force --install

If this does not help check installation of autotools/libtool.

Regards.
Kshitij.

--
Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha