[ADOL-C] ADOL-C error: Used tape (2) was written with locints of size 0, size 4 required

Kshitij Kulshreshtha kshitij at math.upb.de
Wed Feb 29 02:58:09 EST 2012

Hello,

please try to use ADOL-C from svn trunk at

https://projects.coin-or.org/svn/ADOL-C/trunk

on a 64bit Platform.

On 32bit platforms, if certain counters overflow, there is nothing
anyone can do, since the address space of the machine is limited.

Regards
Kshitij.

As on 2012-02-27 13:45, Verhoeven, Ronald did write:
> Hi,
>
> I am using ADOL-C-2.2.1 in combination with the PSOPT optimizer on a Win
> XP 32-bit platform with VS2008. When the number of nodes in PSOPT exceed
> a certain limit, I got the following ADOL-C error:
>
> ADOL-C error: Used tape (2) was written with locints of size 0, size 4
> required.
>
> It seems to me that some ADOL-C buffer is overrun, or somewhere within
> ADOL-C some limit is reached.
>
> What can I do to solve this issue? Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Regards,
>
> Ronald.
>

> National Aerospace Laboratory - *NLR*
>
> *Ir. R.P.M. (Ronald) Verhoeven*
>
> /Cockpit and Flight Operations /
> //
>
> Phone
> +31(0)20 511 3557
> E-mail
> verhoeve at nlr.nl
>
> 	90 Years NLR
> NLR Dedicated to innovation in aerospace
> 	Locations NLR <http://www.nlr.nl/?id=8737>
>

> Please consider the environment before printing this email. Please
> consider the environment before printing this email.

> /The NLR disclaimer is valid for NLR e-mail messages./
>
> This message is only meant for providing information. Nothing in this
> e-mail message amounts to a contractual or legal commitment on the part
> of the sender.
>
> This message may contain information that is not intended for you. If
> you are not the addressee or if this message was sent to you by mistake,
> you are requested to inform the sender and delete the message. Sender
> accepts no liability for damage of any kind resulting from the risks
> inherent in the electronic transmission of messages.

Dr. Kshitij Kulshreshtha

Institut für Mathematik,
Universität Paderborn,
Warburger Straße 100,