[ADOL-C] Mismatched free() / delete / delete [] in documentation examples..

Andrea Walther andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Thu Aug 30 05:01:37 EDT 2012

Hi,

HPOFF stands for Hessian Pattern Offset

it is used to merge the sparsity pattern of the target funtion
with the sparsity pattern of the constraints.

> And then I noticed that increasing HPOFF (defined in
> ADOL-C_sparseNLP.hpp) from 30 to 60 I was ok.

Then you have probably really large problems ;-)

> So, basically what is HPOFF ? is there a way to get it automatically
> size depending on the dimensions of the problem, so it never crash
> whatever the data ?

So it has been a while since I programmed it. Therefore, if I remeber it
right, the following should be true:

One could use in the allocation

instead of

(HP_g[i][0]+HPOFF)

probably

(HP_g[i][0]+HP_f[i][0]+1)

this should provide enough space but might be
a considerable overestimation.

Best regards

Andrea

--
Prof. Dr. Andrea Walther
Lehrstuhl fuer Mathematik und ihre Anwendungen

Email: andrea.walther at uni-paderborn.de
Phone: ++49 5251 602721
Fax:   ++49 5251 603728