[ADOL-C] Vectors and matrices

Norman Goldstein normvcr at telus.net
Thu Aug 9 21:10:58 EDT 2012

I have spent more time on Eigen, have spoken with Eigen people, and have
worked out a way
to use Eigen with ADOL-C, incorporating adouble as a scalar type in
Eigen.  This involves writing
specific operators to combine double and adouble vectors and matrices,
but I feel this is worth the
effort, as the operators are very simple (ADOL-C has already done the
hard work at the scalar
level).  I also had to do some augmenting of the Eigen Traits, etc.

The code is working properly, but may not be the most efficient, and may
also not be
entirely in the Eigen spirit, but this is where things stand at the moment.

Thank you for your comments.