[ADOL-C] Tapeless forward compiler warnings

Andreas Puettmann andreas.puettmann at gmx.de
Mon Oct 24 08:51:18 EDT 2011

Hi everyone,

my code uses the tapeless forward implementation of ADOL-C.

Everything works fine if I include the header files from my system path
/usr/include/adolc. (Ubuntu 11.04 machine, ADOL-C 2.1.9, installed via
the package manager)

However, when I use the headers of a customly compiled ADOL-C
installation (say /home/myuser/libs/ADOL-C-2.2.1), I get plenty of the
following gcc warnings:

/home/myuser/libs/ADOL-C-2.2.1/include/adolc/adouble.h:1428:13: warning:
‘void adtl::setNumDir(unsigned int)’ defined but not used

This doesn't seem to be a big problem, as the code still compiles. But
it would be much nicer to get rid of these warning anyway.

I'd appreciate any help on this!
Andreas