[ADOL-C] Unable to remove old tapefile! warning when using ADOL-C in multiple processes

Sebastian Werk sowerk at gmail.com
Wed Nov 23 09:08:08 EST 2011

Hi,

first of all, thank you for your great work with ADOL-C. I just stumbled
over a minor problem.

I have a model, where I have to perform several independent
time-consuming operations, which rely on ADOL-C. To improve the
performance, I implemented a multiple processes, which can run in
parallel on multi-core cpus.

When I now start the parallel computing I get sometimes (not
systematically reproducable) the message “ADOL-C warning: Unable to
remove old tapefile!”, which sometimes stops the whole calculation. I
did not find a way to ensure, that ADOL-C automatically uses different
tapefiles, to avoid this warning, but I am not sure, if this is a bug or
feature.

Kind regards

Sebastian Werk